What's on | Using video to enable active learning | Session details
What's on | Using video to enable active learning | Content
What will I learn?
This interactive, practical and hands-on workshop will provide you with tools and strategies for engaging your students more deeply in their learning.
HEAR from an educator who is successfully using this approach.
LEARN about the technology, planning and tools needed to comprehensively develop and implement active learning through video.
VIEW a range of example videos created by teachers.
APPLY your learning to create videos that will support your students to access content easily, engage naturally and achieve deeper learning.
The workshop will cover:
- the rationale and challenges in using video for active learning and bust-myths around this approach
- discussion of how video can be used to support students’ understanding
- video exemplars and recommendations on technology tools for immediate use
- hands-on video content creation and sharing
- strategies on providing content to students in effective and meaningful ways
- building interactivity into videos and recording student feedback
Workshop participants will have opportunities to network with their colleagues throughout the day and share their learning with each other.
What's on | Using video| Profile
Jeremy LeCornu is Assistant Principal – Innovation, Teaching and Learning at Seaview High School and an experienced science educator. He is passionate about making curriculum accessible and providing learning opportunities which challenge and engage students.
What's on | Content | Covid-19 | Generic
Covid-19 safety measures
In line with the SA Government’s Covid-Safe guidelines, Prescient will be following a Covid-Safe plan for all of it’s events. By attending this event you agree to follow State Government Covid-Safe event protocols and adhere to Prescient and venue staff instructions on the day of the event. This includes ensuring diligence to hygiene measures and being prepared to cancel your attendance if you develop flu-like symptoms leading up to or on the day of the event.